Thursday, May 6, 2010

Snack Time!

Almost every weekday afternoon (or at least 3x a week), around 4 pm, my tummy reminds me that it needs to be refueled again. Where do I turn to to satisfy my insatiable appetite?....I go to my favorite street food vendor, Mr Squid Ball!

Ever since I could remember, street food vendors have been around selling stuff from barbeques, fish ball, squid ball, dirty ice cream, intestines, coagulated blood (i kid you not) and almost everything under the sun that a ingenious Filipino could think of selling in the streets. I'm actually quite picky on the food I digest but I always make an exception to this squid ball vendor. First of all, i think he uses fresh cooking oil (or at least its not been used multiple times) and second, I never got physically sick eating his stuff. and lastly, his stand is located just outside of the building where my office is so I don't really have to go far. I usually spend around Php 20 (for 8 balls, a combination of chicken balls and squid balls) which are not made up of air on the inside so it is quite filling. Top this with a bottle of mountain dew at Php 15 so this is usually my cheapest meal of the day.

I'm given a stick to poke on my balls and by the way, they are soaked on a special sauce that is both sweet and spicy. You can opt for just the sweet sauce or white vinegar.


Bon Apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment