Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hui Lau Shan

Dessert lovers who happen to pass by Hong Kong should not miss out on Hui Lau Shan. Touted as healthy dessert, most of its base fruit selection is mango. (My friend and I were actually kind of surprised that nobody in the Philippines thought of opening something like this specially since the Philippines is known for producing excellent mangoes as well as other tropical fruits! And Hong Kong doesn't even have an agricultural sector to speak of). Most of the branches, which are scattered around Hong Kong, are actually just food stands/stalls and have no tables to speak of. The one we visited though along Cameron Road in TST is located in a basement space and has a few tables for patrons to enjoy their dessert selection.



Anyway, I decided to order the mango dish with ice cream, tapioca and coconut milk sprinkled with (i forgot what kind of fruit that is!!!!...help! (it's called Pomelo...thanks Perks)). Cost about HKD 33 (Php 188.10)

My friend on the hand, ordered the platter. Cost about HKD 50 (Php 285)

I am undeniably born with a sweet tooth and although the above desserts are not as sweet as what I expected, it was totally good. I now understand why a lot of my friends and cousins always rave about Hui Lau Shan and their mango desserts.

2 comments: