Thursday, March 17, 2011

iPod Touch

After months and months of contemplating, I was finally convinced (coerced, is a more appropriate word, I think) into purchasing my first iPod Touch. Why coerced? Well, on my last visit to Hong Kong, I was torn between buying an iPhone4 or a camera. I ended up buying the camera since I thought this would be a more useful gadget for me. I also made up my mind that an iPhone is not for me since:
a. everyone already has one and I'm quite happy with my BB
b. I was one of the first to have the iPhone1 back in 2007 and that was enough to satiate my iPhone craving.

'nude' ipod Touch

But I wanted to try facetime. I also wanted to be able to upload photos instantly to my facebook account like my friend Kim does. I know I already have an iPad but iPads don't have cameras (iPad2 has it) and the iPad isn't really one of the handiest gadgets to lug around specially when you're travelling. So what's the next best alternative to an iPhone that will not break the bank? An Ipod Touch! I checked out the prices in Hong Kong and with the exchange rate, I figured it would still be cheaper to buy my iPod Touch here in the Phils. What I did was buy a case in Hong Kong from an Apple store as there were more choices and the prices were more favorable in Hong Kong.

Beside the iPod Touch case I bought in Hong Kong for only HKD139 (Php 795) which comes with screen protector and earphone detangler

I also already have an iPod Shuffle which I bought last December and its really been super handy whenever I use it to go jogging around Luneta Park. But lately, outside of jogging, it's been frustrating not being able to select the music that you want to hear. I wasn't really in a rush to buy an iPod Touch but at the back of my mind, I kept on thinking about the case that I bought in Hong Kong that is just gathering dust in my cabinet (here's where the 'coercing' part comes in and a poor excuse to purchase something,but I couldn't help it! hehehe). So, before I could stop myself, I ended up buying my iPod Touch!

Beside my iPad and iPod Shuffle

I bought the cheapest entry level model which is just 8gb. I haven't really toyed with it yet as I only plan on using it as a music player. The apps I have in my iPad are already enough for me and I could see the advantage of having a huge screen such as the iPad's. The case from Hong Kong though is now hugging my iPod Touch so I guess everyone is happy (except my wallet). How much was it? P10800 or US$ 245.

Color me red! My iPad, iPod Touch and Blackberry Torch. Red is actually not my favorite color, it just so happen that most cases that are available are either in black or red and I didn't want to go black.

Behind the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment