Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Delsey Extendo

For someone who loves to travel (although not as much as I would want to or can afford to), having a good set of luggage is very important. I've always been very partial to hard case luggage as I never have to worry about the contents of my luggage breaking or something. The downside is hard case luggages are usually heavier than their fabric/canvass brothers (although there are super light hard case luggages now available in the market but expect to pay an arm and a leg for it)
My recent luggage purchase was a 54 cm Delsey Extendo cabin trolley which I asked my good friend, K. Pe to purchase for me in Singapore. Not that its cheaper in Singapore but its just that the Extendo collection has already been phased out in Manila (why, I don't know since this collection is still available in Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong last time I checked).

The 54 cm was to compliment my 71 cm Delsey Extendo. I've always been partial to non-black colored luggages as they are easier to identify and pick up from the conveyor belt. Black, of course, is the most common luggage color and a reason for most confusions as well in identifying one's luggage

You can see on the right side my old and tested luggage peeking at his new and shiny brothers.
Pluses:
-expandable
-four wheels so its easy to move them around
-relatively light weight (except for the 71 cm if its filled to the brim, with a maximum capacity of 30 kilos)
-doesn't get dirty easily and if it does, it's very easy for the maid to wipe it off
Minuses:
-when you expand it and its full, it feels wobbly in the area where it is expanded since the expanded area is only made of cloth
Now all I need to save up for is the 64 cm Delsey Extendo...

No comments:

Post a Comment