Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Election Time...part 2

So 25 October 2010 was to be the second time this year that we are to drop by the nearby public school and cast our vote. Although this time, its not for the president of the republic nor other top public servants but for the Baranggay Chairman/woman and his/her team. The Baranggay team is important as these are the local officials that ordinary citizens like myself can approach (I never met our baranggay people as I always ask the maid to go to the Baranggay Hall whenever I need something...all of my requests are granted so at least this way it makes it convenient for me).


I prepared my election 'kit'
1. bottled water to quench my thirst
2. pen to fill in the ballot sheets
3. a fan to keep away the heat
4. camera to document the event
5. comfortable clothes

I didn't want a repeat of the May 2010 elections wherein I was stuck in the voting precinct for more than two hours and I was really uncomfortable then.

Off I went to the voting precinct by 1030H. I 'accidentally' forgot again my Baranggay number and precinct and fortunately, the guard manning the place where I lived reminded me of my Baranggay number. I'd have to find out myself what my precinct number is to find the room in the school where I'm supposed to vote.



Elections are like a feast day for Filipinos. Everybody is on the streets either:
1. giving out election paraphernalias (which usually just ends up on the street floor which is really an eye sore)
2. . just hanging around

3. selling drinks or food

So I got to the list of the Baranggays and easily enough, I found the classroom that I was assigned to. I went up to the second floor fully expecting a long queue out side the classroom but, lo and behold, it was almost devoid of people except for the election people.


I thought I was in the wrong room but no, my name was on the list.


I got my voting sheet easily, voted, had my fingerprints taken, and had my finger marked (an indication that I've already done my voting) in less then 10 minutes! I was floored. This was so painless and simple. Why can't we have this all the time. No computer devices to assist the counting, just public school teachers doing the hard work! Oh well, one has to move forward though and the best way to do that is to accept that elections need to be computerized. The computerized one during the May elections was the first so maybe the next one will be as quick as this one (here's hoping).

Anyway, all I got out of the election is a dirty finger once again which will probably be like that in two weeks time (I do take a shower twice a day so its not because I don't take a shower!)

Before I cut my nails...


...and after I cut my nails...doesn't make much of a difference though.

One week after the election dated 01 Nov 2010


Two weeks after the election dated 08 Nov 2010

Three weeks after the election dated 16 Nov 2010

2 comments:

  1. konti lang tao kahapon... kasi no one wanted a repeat of last May :)))

    I am still figuring out why the Comelec can't seem to still get it right when they've had a history of elections, the dates were never the greatest secret kept from them and there main task is just to handle every aspect of an election that does not even happen once a year... it really boggles the mind...

    ReplyDelete
  2. we can still keep on hoping things will be better...

    ReplyDelete