Friday, October 1, 2010

Boracay Regency

Before being in love with Discovery Shores in Boracay, I was in a relationship with Boracay Regency (yes, my heart is fickle and has a mind of its own). This was my home away from home whenever I was in Boracay. Being the biggest property in Boracay in terms of total number of rooms, combined with Boracay Lagoon and Boracay Garden (all owned by the Chusuey family), Boracay Regency itself has 285 rooms (against Shangri-la's Boracay Resort and Spa's 219).

Usually what I look for in a resort is how nice the pool is (although I'm don't necessarily have to swim when I'm there) and Boracay Regency has one of the best pools around (they have more than one pool but this is the centerpiece)



Some of the rooms have a direct access to the pool...this is particularly popular with the Korean guests.

The rooms are nicely furnished with either a Garden/Pool view or a Seaview

Premier Room


Junior Suite





I love how they incorporated the pineapple (very tropical and very good luck if you're Chinese) into the design of their table lamps.

Now, if Discovery Shores is Heaven, then Boracay Regency is probably Earth. Which translates to the fact that since Boracay Regency is more affordable than Discovery Shores, I would most likely still end up staying at this resort more than Discovery Shores.

Room rates go from Php 6,000 / US$ 135 (Superior Room) to as high as Php 24,000 / US$ 535 (Royal Suite) per night


Boracay Regency Beach Resort and Convention Center
Balabag, Boracay, Malay Aklan
Station 2
Tel: (+63 36) 2886111 to 17
Website: http://www.boracayregency.com/index.php

1 comment:

  1. The place looks nice, I would like to ask if there is a Property for sale in Boracay like this that is not for rent? I want to acquire my own and stay there for good.

    ReplyDelete