Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Cibo

School is out finally! That is, at one of the schools where I'm teaching at. So to kind of celebrate this, me and a colleague from the school decided to have lunch at Cibo at Gateway Mall in Cubao instead of our usual lunches at the cafeteria.

I've always loved eating at Cibo because of their paninis and the white grape shake. Their ingredients are fresh and prices are quite affordable. I don't get to eat at Cibo often though as their locations are not too convenient for me.

The first thing I noticed about the Cibo branch at Gateway Mall is that it has shrunk. They're now occupying half the size of what they used to occupy. I'm guessing rent is a bit high and human traffic is not too great for Cibo. I went on to discuss this with my friend and we both agreed that Gateway Mall's crowd is not really the target market of Cibo. The food server did tell us that Cibo might move to the upper level where the space is bigger.

Speaking of food attendants, in Cibo, you instantly notice that service is quite impressive. They are very attentive and they know what dish to recommend.

We ended up ordering a Parma Ham + Arugula pizza and Italian Sausage Pasta (of course I ordered my white grape shake but forgot to take a picture of it!)



I love parma ham and I love arugula so its not a surprise that I love this pizza. For two people, this is quite a big serving but we (mostly me) managed to finished it as it was quite good. The crust is just the right thickness. I just wished there was more parma ham and more arugula...although I'm sure the chef knows what he/she was doing.


On the other hand, my friend loved the Italian Sausage pasta. I'm not going to label it as exceptionally good but it was good. Luckily she loved this one and I loved the pizza so it wasn't difficult for us to finish the 2 dishes.

I wish I could visit Cibo as much as I would want to but for now, this is a good way for me to appreciate their food in the few times that I can visit them.

2 comments:

  1. I love their spinach appetizer.. :)) next lunch natin dun tayo?? kelan ka Makati?

    ReplyDelete
  2. sige, let's have lunch there...glorietta is where they're located?

    ReplyDelete