Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Sakae Sushi

If you're in Mall of Asia and happen to be looking for a moderately priced Japanese / eat-all-you-can restaurant, then I would recommend that you head off to Sakae Sushi. They have this conveyor belt type that serves various Japanese dishes. From sushi to maki and everything in between, you will find it at the mini conveyor belt whizzing through one's table.


That's my friend's hand grabbing a plate.

On weekends during dinner, reservations is a must as the place is easily packed.

At an affordable price of Php399+, this has got to be one of the cheapest buffets in town. For Japanese food lovers, this is a bargain. Comes with a bowl of Miso Soup and bottomless Iced Green Tea (I loved the taste of the iced tea as it was something different from the regular Lemon Iced Tea). Although if you are looking for authentic Japanese food, this may not be the best place to go (although for 399, one should be happy to get a half-good Japanese food)


For those who prefer to skip the buffet and just pick a couple of plates from the belt, each colored plate has a corresponding price. I don't recommend doing this though as doing the buffet is still the most practical way to go.

This was my favorite dish of the night...kani with mayo and some other stuff.

If you still prefer to go a la carte, an extensive menu is available. We decided to order tempura and a beef dish (we were famished or to be honest about it, just plain gluttons!)

The tempura's 'shell' was too crunchy though, even after leaving it on the sauce for a few minutes. Not recommended.

This beef dish looked appetizing and I had a few pieces.

At the end of the night, I was feeling so full that I wanted to just pass out and sleep at the couch. To think I had a bad cold that night, I was surprised at the amount of food I was able to consume. What clinched the deal was the meal was paid for by our old college friend, Mr. Bong Concepcion, who was visiting the Philippines for a short period (Thanks Bong!). Given another chance, I would definitely return to this restaurant even if I have to pay for my own meal...(but if its free, who's complaining)

No comments:

Post a Comment