Thursday, October 7, 2010

Chikaan

I've always kinda ignored Chikaan whenever I am in Cebu as the only time I ever ate there a few years ago was not memorable at all. For me, not memorable=not good. Besides this is a direct competitor of my favorite restaurant, Golden Cowrie, so this was even more reason for me not to even think of Chikaan.

Recently though, my friends have been telling me that Chikaan has greatly improved its menu and food and it is now under a new management. Which is why for my first meal on my recent trip to Cebu, I decided to give Chikaan a second chance.

The Bikol Express was one of my favorites. It was spicy enough but not too spicy.
I hardly eat squid nowadays because I learned that it takes a long time for our intestines to digest it. I do make exceptions from time to time and this was one time that I did. Regretfully, nothing special about this grilled squid.
Another favorite is the Baked Scallops with butter and cheese(?). It was sinfully tasty. For people with high (bad) cholestero..avoid this!
I only had a small bite out of this pork belly as the fat was a bit unappetizing (i tend to retch when I accidentally eat on the fat park of any pork dish) but this was tasty if eating fats is your thing.
Good news for white rice eaters, at only Php 30 (US$0.66), you can eat all the rice you would want.
Overall, if it hadn't for me writing this blog about Chikaan, I would have totally forgotten already about my meal there just a few days ago. I find the food here at bit 'blah' for my taste. Service was really nothing great as I felt the waiters were too preoccupied with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment