Friday, October 1, 2010

Jonah's Fruit Shake

Have you ever wondered who the owner of Jonah's Fruit Shake (The Best Fruitshake) in Boracay is? Or at least who Jonah is?

Well, I have and I had the honor of meeting him in the flesh! Here is Jonah in the flesh!


This is actually a stolen shot! (and obviously looks like it too) He's a very down to earth kind of guy and very nice to talk to.
Jonah's used to be located at a beachfront space (Station 1) but since the owner of that space wanted to jack up the rent, Jonah's decided to move somewhere near Patio Pacific (Station 2) and now Jonah's is located on the inner road. The new shop is air conditioned but I do kind of miss the beach vibe of the older shop. They are into talks of opening a beachfront space soon and I hope this pushes through
Jonah's is known for having the best fruit shakes. My first introduction to Jonah's was when I tried out their Peanut Butter and Banana shake and believe me, it was love at first sip! Since then I have made it a point to drink at least a glass of the PB&B shake whenever I'm in Boracay. That's not to say the other fruit shakes are not as good. Avocado Milk Shake, Pineapple & Lime Shake and all the others are equally mouth watering drinks when in the island.

2 comments:

  1. Ditto... my first shake with them is Peanut Butter and Banana too... it was also my first trip to Boracay. Had it under a coconut tree until a dried brown coconut decided to drop a couple of inches from us. First lesson learned in Boracay...NEVER STAND UNDER A COCONUT TREE unless you are wishing for an concussion...
    Thanks for reminding me of that time and it suddenly made me want to fly to Boracay just to taste that shake again. Other establishments do not have the same taste!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow...that must have been ages ago! perhaps I was still a student then when you first went to Boracay hehehe

    It's true that the others are not able to capture the same taste as Jonah's

    ReplyDelete