Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Sala Bistro

As we did a post-celebration of my very good friend's birthday (P.So), he decided to treat us to dinner at Sala Bistro.


We started off with cocktails. I had my usual and unadventurous Cosmopolitan...

Cosmopolitan is made up vodka, triple sec, lime juice and cranberry juice. I like their mix because the balance of the alcohol and the juices is just right. Although some may find the alcohol content too high, I recommend one glass should be enough to last you the night
My friend decided to try Fresh Pineapple and Mint Mojito (made up of Bacardi rum muddled with fresh pineapple, mint leaves and a little fresh vanilla sugar and shaken with crushed ice).
A basket of freshly baked (or looked like it) bread served to satiate our hunger since it was already close to 2100H when we met up for dinner


The Soup of the Day was Sweet Potato Soup. I loved the taste of the soup as it was nicely made and the ingredients blended well to produce a light and delicious soup


My friends decided to partake of salad instead of soup...


I forgot the name of this salad but it came with Chinese sausage


Pear, rocket, blue cheese and walnut salad
Between the two salads, the first one, according to my friends, tasted much better.
Then a slew of main courses came marching in...
I ordered this Penne, Italian Sausage, Tomatoes, Oregano and Chili pasta. Everything about it was delicious except for the toasted bread which was really hard (it eventually became better when we dipped the bread on the remaining sauce...maybe this is how its supposed to be eaten? but normally I want to eat the bread at the same time with the pasta and its impossible to dip when the plate is still full). Among the four dishes, this was the favorite amongst the group.


Chicken Saltimbocca with spinach and rosemary potatoes. I love how they cooked this dish. It was very very tasty for a chicken dish. I wouldn't mind getting this the next time I dine there.


I may be mistaken but I think this pasta dish is the Casarecce with porcini, guanciale and truffle cream. Its very tasty but its the kind of food that you will eventually tire of the taste when you have to finish the whole plate.


The only dish I did not try simply because I absolutely do not eat Fish.
Finally, dessert came...
I honestly cannot remember the name of this dessert but honestly it was no good. As a dessert person, this one doesn't quite make it to the memorable list of desserts.

Since I love to eat bananas, this Banoffee pie was a bit of a disappointment since it was mostly made up of cream and not enough bananas in it. My friend, P.So makes a meaner and better Banoffee pie!

Valhrona Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows and whipped cream. Admittedly, a very sinful end to my full meal. It was worth it though...
Dining at Sala Bistro may not be a cheap affair. But the ambience, excellent service and good food makes it all worth it.
Sala Bistro
Ground Floor, Garden Side
Greenbelt 3, Ayala Center
Makati City
Tel: (+63 2) 7297500

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the night! And yes... I should have brought the dessert!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nah, we should be the one to thank you :)

    ReplyDelete