Sunday, May 15, 2011

Tokyoflash Japan

On my recent trip to Kuala Lumpur, I did a lot of window shopping although I didn't have anything in particular that I wanted or needed to buy. That is until I browsed through a watch shop at the Pavilion Mall. I remembered that I had been looking for a gold Nooka watch which is quite difficult to find in Asia. I then noticed this gold watch from Tokyoflash Japan which had a different way of displaying time. I first read about Tokyoflash Japan months ago on both engadget.com and luisaviaroma.com.

My R75 Tokyoflash watch.

From www.tokyoflash.com : If you're looking for a watch that simply tells the time, then our watches are probably not for you. We design wearable art, many people don't appreciate art but many people do.

If your sole reason for buying a watch is to tell the time, we would recommend purchasing another watch brand that does just that. If you have a cell phone, computer, PDA or wall clock, the chances are you don't even need to wear a watch, so why purchase a Tokyoflash watch?

You have to press one of the two buttons to show the time. Above is actually the date display...five dots mean the month of May and the number 12 being the date.

The beauty of Tokyoflash is that its unique. I don't think I would see a lot of people wearing these on the streets of Manila. Also, it has 3 different ways of telling time. Call it selfish but it gives me a bit of pleasure knowing that people can't easily read the time on my watch when they secretly steal a glance at it hehehe.

Tokyoflash actually has other watches with an even more unique way of telling tiime but honestly, they are too complicated even for me.

The cost of my tokyoflash watch? RM599 (Malaysian Ringgit) or approximately Php 8,386. But I haggled my way (truth is there is a discount price so I didn't really haggle) and I only paid RM410 or Php 5740. Tokyoflash's website lists it as US$ 153.16 or Php 6,585 (doesn't include shipping and taxes yet) so I guess I got a good bargain. It's also way below the price of a Nooka gold watch which is approximately Php 10-12K.

My old silver Nooka watch on the left most. Gold Tokyoflash watch on the middle. Xemex silver watch on the right most.

No comments:

Post a Comment