Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Fruit Garden

I'm currently attending a series of basic training for Amadeus until the end of the week and the training happens to be in their office in Makati. So whenever I have the opportunity to be in Makati for the whole day (which is rare), I always try to catch up with my friend Eleanor (or Eon as she is known in these parts of my blog world for being a consistent commenter on my blog). We decided to have lunch at Wee Nam Kee (review on my next blog) and pretty much had a lot of catching up to do. Eleanor, being a great friend, gave me an advanced Christmas gift (my first, in fact, for this year) which consists of two jars of The Fruit Garden jams.

Based on the The Fruit Garden's website:

"The Fruit Garden mission is to offer consumers an 100% Natural high quality fruit products.

By understanding trends in society we are committed to develop healthy and luxury fruit products, maximizing the use of local resources.

We have developed 5 jam collections around Mango, Pineapple, Strawberry, Orange, and a seasonal collection; In addition we are also offering a 100% Pure Philippine Honey from the province of Abra."


Amazingly, these fruit jams are all home made and 100% made in the Philippines!

Above bottle is from The Fruit Garden's Noel Collection and its called Orange Whisky. The jams' consistency are a little bit runny but not runny enough that its like water. It has the perfect consistency when you scoop it up with a spoon and spreads easily on one's piping hot croissant.
The Orange Whisky is a little bit on the sweet side but not too sweet that you will get tired of it easily. Whenever there are jams around, the first flavor I always pick up first is the orange one. So it was no surprise that I enjoyed my first taste of The Fruit Garden jam with the orange variety.

The 2nd bottle is called Mango Lavender. As I mentioned earlier, I'm more of an orange jam person so I was a little apprehensive about tasting the mango flavored one. First of all, consistency is about the same as the orange flavored ones but I think there were some small chunks of mango included in the bottle (or I might be mistaken). After taking a bite out of the bread with the mango jam, I am now officially torn between the orange and mango flavors. They are both wonderful! By tasting both jams, they can be nothing else but naturally good. I might never go back to eating commercially processed jams.

Now, as far as my memory serves me right, I've never been a jam person at home. The only times that I do take jam is when I take breakfast at the different hotels that I'm check in to. But The Fruit Garden's luxury jams are definitely making me want to order a few bottles (I'd like to try the entire Noel Collection) and stocking up for the Christmas season as well as for the days beyond.

For orders and inquiries, you may visit: www.thefruitgarden.net

No comments:

Post a Comment