Saturday, January 1, 2011

iPod Shuffle

Happy New Year! 2010 was a good year and am really looking forward to 2011! I was very lazy with regards to posting on my blog last December as there were lots of things that had me preoccupied but to start things off in the right foot, I'm writing this entry with only a few minutes into 2011.

So my last purchase of the year for 2010 was an iPod Shuffle. I was originally wishing for an iPod Touch (see Wish List) but I realized I usually listen to my music when I jog around the park. And I never even have the opportunity to look at the screen much less tinker with the control so my best best was an iPod Shuffle. Plus, my music player is always on shuffle mode so this was perfect. Plus a Shuffle was so cheap! Costing only Php2,450.


First, I had to look for the perfect Shuffle for me. And this meant finding the silver/stainless colored one with a black dial since the rest of the Shuffle models had white dials and I believed a black dial will be harder to get dirty. Not that easy. A lot of the apple reseller shops had run out of Shuffles. Guess its Christmas time and a lot of people were buying them and giving them away as gifts. On my third Apple reseller store, I was told the same story that they didn't have it on stock. I was about to be content with either buying a Nano or waiting for a few more weeks for the stocks to arrive when my friend Perks, MOA Mall Manager extraordinaire, told me why not try out the Digital Walker store at Mall of Asia. I've always thought of them as selling only bags and sleeves and such but when I entered the store, they had a wide array of gadgets on sale.. Plus they had Shuffle in their stock...and a silver/stainless one on hand! I immediately bought it, of course, and so far, I am one happy camper (plus I only had at a discounted price of Php 2,300 since I paid in cash and they give discounts for payments made using cash). Can't wait to try it out on my first jogging activity on Monday....

Unpacking my iPod Shuffle...


1 comment: