Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bric's - Servizio Straordinario

I've always seen the bags and luggage of Bric's being sold at the different stores of Rustan's back in the day but aside from browsing through them from time to time, I never really gave it a thought to purchase anything from Bric's.

Until one day in May 2012, while in Kuala Lumpur visiting one of the department stores inside Suria KLCC, I happened to look once again at the pocket collection of Bric's and this laptop bag happened to catch my attention.  First it was on sale (the most important factor), and 2nd, the bag itself looked durable that I wouldn't have to worry about 'throwing' it around.  I wasn't really planning on using it for my laptop but rather, it was to be utilized as a bag for my teaching stint.

                                                      Photo courtesy of  http://www.brics.it/eng/

Bric's Pininfarina 14" laptop bag is a combination of nylon and leather that is fleece lined and comes with a shoulder strap.

The above bag is a collaboration between Bric's and Pininfarina (collection ranges from luggage, wallets, briefcases, laptop bag, etc).  Pininfarina is best known as an independent Italian car design firm that services companies such as Alfa Romeo, Ferrari and Maserati to name a few.

The bag is a joy to carry since it is not too bulky and all my school materials can fit into the bag.  However, one day, I noticed that the leather part on the handle was starting to unravel.




I didn't know what to do about it so I just continued to use the bag trying not to mind the damaged part of the handle.  Luckily, one day, I was at the Shangri-la Plaza Mall and spotted a Bric's store (Bric's has another store located at the Aura BGC).  I perused the items at the store and casually asked the SA how to handle items that have been damaged through time.  The SA mentioned that Bric's can actually try to repair the damaged item and asked me to bring the item on my next visit.  I returned a week after with my bag and after the SA got all my pertinent details, promised to SMS me as soon as they have news on the status on the repair of the bag.  It only took a few days and I, indeed, got an SMS informing me that the bag has been fixed and ready for pick-up.

Voila!  My bag is now as good as new.


When we think of Italian craftsmanship, we often associate it with good and lasting quality.  I guess now I can add excellent after-service to the adjectives that best describe Italian products.  Arrivederci!

2 comments:

  1. This is one of those times when its worth the price you paid for :))

    ReplyDelete