Saturday, July 10, 2010

Boom Boom Pow!

I arrived a bit too early at SM Mall of Asia for Usher's concert...a tad excited I have to admit...so I had an early dinner first with my very good friend P. Then he told me about this Yamato drummer group, whom I happened to read about earlier in the newspaper and I was thinking to myself what I waste coz I wanted to see them perform but the show is all the way to SM North Edsa. P said there's also a performance at Mall of Asia! But I said its not written in the newspaper. There was a misprint or something. Aw, how can the organizers do that to such a wonderful show (i think it is wonderful). So since Im early still and with about an hour to spare, I went to the Music Hall to wait for the Yamato show to start. Since the Music Hall is like an open area, there is no entrance fee to speak of. People started coming to the hall around 5 minutes before the show started (7:30 pm was the officially start). 7:30 came and show promptly started. Lights were dimmed and the drummers took their places. A short introduction was given by the representative from the Embassy of Japan and not long after, the magic started...

I was totally blown away. I could not possible describe it in words but the drummers were simply stunning! From their comical routine to the non-stop beating of the drums, I was at awe. Sadly, I could not watch the entire show as Usher was waiting for me but I made a vow that I must visit Japan soon and soak up as much of their wonderful culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment