Friday, July 2, 2010

Hong Kong...part 1

I love going to Hong Kong...or rather I love shopping in Hong Kong! Even though people say that Hong Kong has become a very expensive city to shop, I would still prefer to shop here than in the bargain-infested streets of Bangkok. Don't get me wrong, I love a sale as much as the next person but I hate bargaining. And Hong Kong gives me that...they have outlet stores with pretty much last season's collection but I don't really care. Plus , I don't have to bargain as they really have relatively low prices. Which is not the case in Bangkok where you have to haggle with every purchase...not for me!
Anyway, this time, I stayed at the Park Hotel which is a 3-star hotel located along Cameron Road in Tsim Shat Tsui, Kowloon. (the two major areas of Hong Kong are Hong Kong Island and Kowloon...Hong Kong Island is like the equivalent of our Makati CBD with Admiralty, Central, Causeway Bay, etc are found. Kowloon, on the other hand, is like our Malate area)

hotel facade in the evening

Front Desk
my room at the Park Hotel (upgraded to a Deluxe room...thank you Vien of Holiday World)

I don't know why the picture flips to its side but this is the thingy that controls all the lighting in the room, as well as music and television
So speaking of shopping, there are two places in Hong Kong that I never miss out on whenever I am there:
There are actually 3 Bossini outlets in Hong Kong, one in Cameron Road, another in Northpoint and the other one in the New Territories

Citygate Outlet Mall carries outlet stores for Adidas, Giordano, Armani Exchange, New Balance, Body Shop, Samsonite, Cotton On, Timberland to name a few.

1 comment:

  1. :) minsan naman magsama ka ... tagal na ako di nag HK. I miss the city and the shopping as well :)) and the roasted goose!!!!

    ReplyDelete