Monday, November 8, 2010

Adam Lambert

For some people, the date 10 October 2010 (also known as 10/10/10) is a very special day because it only shows up once in a lifetime and it somehow sounds like a very lucky date. For me, though, it was just an ordinary Sunday until my good friend PSo told me about the free Gold tickets he had for Adam Lambert's concert that same night at the Mall of Asia. Although I honestly am not a big fan of Adam Lambert (or anyone from the AI group), I was curious to listen to his voice and find out for myself what all the hype about him is all about (plus my cousin was bugging me to get some free tickets).


So off I went to MOA, along with my cousin and her husband, to watch the concert. We were at the venue a few minutes earlier than 8 and was expecting to see throng of fans lining up to get in but it was relatively quiet. My first thought was that we were early since past concerts have taught us that no foreign artist in his/her right mind starts his/her show on time. So we decided to go in at a little past 8 with no sweat at all. Since we had gold tickets, we were fortunate to be at the section where seats were provided. I'm telling you that most of the seats were empty! For a hyped up concert, it sure was slow moving in terms of selling its tickets.
The show started with a front act by a local band. Honestly, I could not remember their name nor the songs that they sang. Eventually, Adam Lambert came out in all his glory. His costumes were flamboyant as expected. Dancers were gyrating to his music. Adam did sing most of his popular songs (5 of them I think) plus some more songs that I've never heard of (although I admit I don't have his album so I don't really know all his songs). Unfortunately, on his third or fourth song, I started to get bored. Bored from watching him and bored from standing up on the chair. In the end, I took my seat and borrowed my cousin-in-law's iPhone and played with an engaging game called NinJump. It was while concentrating with the game that I finally noticed that Adam Lambert has a beautiful voice. I could not see him since most people were standing on their seats but the voice was quite enchanting and powerful. I was not surprised then since he did come with a theatre background. It's just sad that with a beautiful voice such as his, his selection of songs are not too popular with the masses (like myself) to the point that we don't really appreciate it. At the end of the show, I asked my cousin if it was worth it (because I would rather have stayed at home if you ask me) and she said it was in a way since Adam Lambert was oozing with talent and did not disappoint his fans.





sorry for the poor quality of the pictures...it was because I accidentally left my camera memory card and had to resort to borrowing my cousin's camera and I was not used to its settings and such

No comments:

Post a Comment