Monday, November 29, 2010

Sunburst Chicken

One of the things I try not to miss eating at whenever I am in Cebu is a restaurant called Sunburst. I specifically go there for their Chicken Skin. I am health conscious with the stuff I eat (no fats, no high cholesterol, etc) but I always make an exception to Sunburst's chicken wings. Besides, I only get to eat it at least four times a year and you only live once!

Last decided, I decided to meet up with a friend and have a late lunch at Sunburst at SM Cebu. While waiting for him, I ordered a plate of Chicken Skin (small although I could easily have devoured the regular as well). My friend was 15 minutes late and by the time he had arrived, the chicken skin dish was all but gone!

Not to worry, I was planning on ordering a Double Ribkeel plate. So when my friend arrived, we looked over the menu and proceeded to order.


So we did a bit of catching up and talked about various stuff. Eventually his order of a Double Thigh arrived and I encouraged him to eat ahead as I've already had chicken skin earlier. To while away the time, I decided to fix me the signature sauce of Sunburst which goes perfectly well with their chicken.

Its a combination of ketchup, worcestershire sauce and hot sauce.

My friend was halfway through his chicken when I decided to follow up my order. I initially asked a waitress to follow up my order but unfortunately, she never came back to my table. The second waitress I followed up with was the one who took my order. She hurriedly went to the kitchen only to come back to tell me some bad news. I never ordered for my chicken! I almost fell off my chair and of course, i started to get upset. I reminded her that I was the first one to order ahead of my friend. She was apologizing and such but I told her to call the Manager. She said the manager was not around. So I told her to call the most senior person in the restaurant who happened to be the Supervisor. I explained to her once again why I was upset and her first suggestion was to rush my order. I said I already lost my appetite and my friend was about to be finished eating his food. Plus I was worried they would do something to my chicken in retaliation for complaining. To add insult to the injury, she wanted to comp the food. I said I do not complain just to get complimentary food as I can very well afford to pay for it. In the end, all she could offer were apologies which I didn't even feel was sincere. Lesson learned: never eat at Sunburst SM Cebu! hehe thank goodness they have several branches in Cebu.

No comments:

Post a Comment