Friday, April 16, 2010

L.R.T.

I love taking the train to travel around the city. I really do. We call it the LRT or short for Light Rail Transit which traverses between Baclaran and Monumento. So why do i enjoy taking the LRT? let me coung the ways:
1. its fast. normally it would take me at least 20 minutes to drive from my house to my work and more when its time for me to go home (could go up to at most 45 minutes). With the train, it usually just takes me 15 minutes to travel per way. so that kinda lessens the daily stress factor for me.
2. i save on gas. for obvious reasons. plus i kinda like the idea of helping our environment by not making the hole up there bigger. (plastic!)
3. i like observing people. from the obviously fake bags that women insist on carrying. individual fashion styles that go in and out of the doors. to humongous i-wonder-how-they-passed-through-security boxes that people lug around, nuances and all the other stuff associated with each and every person.
4. i can daydream while in transit which i cannot do while driving (my brain is not that good in multitasking). although when i daydream, i just have to make sure my phones, wallet and all valuables are not swiped away by mr fast hands.
5. its generally safe. i've never heard of any accidents on the track except for that one time when explosives went off but that was like way back when security was still lax.

On the negative side though, there are some things i don't like about the LRT:
1. delays (which are rare) but when it happens, its a bummer
2. overcrowding. you wouldn't want to be sniffing somebody's B.O. like, at the end of the day right? and believe me, at around 6p.m., riding an overcrowded train is comparable to having a thousand pits being stuffed into your nose. to avoid this, i avoid taking a crowded train and i specifically wait for a nearly empty one. I can afford to wait since i only have 3 stops between my house and the office.
3. snooty passengers like women or men who give you the dirty look if you accidentally touch them. its either they think you're a maniac or you're after their purse/wallet. to begin with sister, i have a better (original) bag, more money in my wallet and better legs (ha! take that! hehehehehe)
p.s.
4. people who refuse to buy earphones or headphones when listening to music coming from their mp3/handphone units. Its probably they cannot afford to buy a decent pair or they'd like to share to the world the crappy music they are listening to. i often hear the announcement from the p.a. advising people about common courtesy in talking in moderate tones and listening to music using a headphone or earphone but i guess they are just stubborn
5. people who carelessly carry backpacks or bags that they often hit people beside them with it. or to make matters worse, the cheap material is so rough that is often rubs roughly against my skin. i'd just like to take a blade and slice through their cheap excuse for a backpack/bag hehehe that's why i admire people who have the common sense to place their backpacks on their chest or to hug their bags to their body as to not inconvenience the other passengers.

No comments:

Post a Comment