Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What the heck!?!?!

I can't believe it! I wake up one morning and realize I'm happy!
According to Wikipedia, happiness is the state of mind or feeling characterized by contentment, love, satisfaction, pleasure or joy.

I used to be a materialistic bastard (c'mon be honest... i still am) who isn't happy until I have a new pair of shoes, a new bag or a new gadget. I don't go for Prada, Loewe, or even LV as i simply cannot afford them. I am what you would call a middle class shopper with a penchant for Bossini, Puma, New Balance, Levi's (only if they're on sale!) and the rest of the stuff regular people buy. (my mom always said i should patronize local stuff but, God rest her soul, that's one thing I still haven't gotten to!). I also am, a dreaded word by some.....SINGLE....fast approaching the big 4-0 but this doesn't worry me as much as when I as younger when a one-night stand was something to brag about to your friends. I drive a beat-down, sickly 1997 mazda which is a regular at the car shop for repairs due to one reason or the other (I'm practically considered a best friend now of the car shop owner being a regular client...hmmm, now that i think of it, i could already be a partner with all the money i spend on that car shop!) but a car is just a car, if its broken, there are cabs or the mass transit trains available.

So why am I happy now? I guess I've learned to accept things as they are and not try to force them to what I would want to be....I've learned to appreciate simple joys in life, like being awakened by my dog(s) licking my face. I've also learned that if I can't afford to buy it, then just let it be. (gosh, i sound like an O-L-D person!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment