Thursday, September 9, 2010

BFF

BFF stands for Bistro Frequent Foodie, a discount card (20%) issued by the Bistro Group (Friday's, Italianni's, Flapjacks, and Fish & Co). You also need to accumulate Php10,000 worth of dining credits to avail of a complimentary renewal of the card. However, at this point, BFF for me stands for Bistro Frequently F*cks (with you). Why, you ask me?
1. When I applied for the card back in 21 February 2010, I was given a temporary card. The actual was to be mailed to me after a month. Fast forward to August...still no card from Bistro. The temporary card provided me with discounts though so I didn't have any problems with it as long as I was earning the credits. One time, the manager of Friday's Robinson's Ermita asked me how come I was still using a temporary card. So I told her I still have not received the permanent card. She then offered to make me a card right there and then in her outlet. Happy ending right?...read on....
2. Tonight was a celebration of my friend's birthday at Friday's Mall of Asia branch and I offered my card to avail of the discount. At the same time, I asked our server, Ara, to check how much credit I already accumulated in my card. Ara came back and, to my shock, told me that my balance was zero! I was beyond disbelief at first. Then disappointment hit me next. All I could remember was that I have been using that card for at least 3 to 4 times between 03 August until today and its impossible that my balance was zero. Not one to keep quiet about this, I naturally raised hell with Ara. Right there and then I wanted to cancel my card as I felt it was one useless addition to my wallet (Dunhill by the way hehe). Ara, at this point, was rattled and promised to inform their Marketing Department about this. She gave me their Marketing Department's number but I demanded that they should be the ones giving me a call to explain. Im not going to give up on Friday's or the Bistro group and perhaps give them a chance to fix this mess...but I swear, that dinner turned out to be one stressful activity for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment