Friday, September 10, 2010

Eid'l Fitr

Today is a holiday to celebrate Eid'l Fitr or to mark the end of the holy Islamic month of Ramadan. Today is also an important day for my cousin and her husband as it marks the birth of their first baby (boy) whom I fervently pray is not nicknamed Jun-Jun. Today is also the day I had to go to my doctor's office (Doctor John Robert Sy) for my annual medical check up, a day I usually dread. I dread it for the fact that the good doctor has to draw blood...blood from my veins. Although I will never faint (a male colleague of mine did faint before), it is not an enjoyable activity for me. To make matters worse today, the doctor could not find my vein (which is usually the case, I guess they are a bit shy when blood is about to be drawn from them). In the end, I ended up with two punctures after the first attempt proved to be a dud. I'd like to say it wasn't so bad but it is!...for me that is.
The bigger red mark was from the unsuccessful attempt. The smaller one was the one that yielded 5cc of my blood

No comments:

Post a Comment