Sunday, September 19, 2010

Crimson Beach Resort and Spa

On my free time during my recent trip to Cebu, I decided to check out one of Cebu's newest resort in Mactan, Crimson Beach Resort and Spa.

An introductory information about the resort which I picked up from their website, www.crimsonhotel.com
This 290-key deluxe beach resort oasis in the island of Mactan is managed and operated by Filarchipelago Hospitality, Inc., a joint venture of Filinvest Development Corporation and Archipelago International Pte, Ltd. a hospitality management group registered in Singapore.

Together with my good friend, the owner of Cebu Holidays, Mr. Ricky Tio and geomancer Santiago Tong Jr. (I have another story about Mr Tong Jr), we ventured out on a 45-minute drive from the city to the resort. We were greeted by one of Cebu's long-time and respected Associated Director of Sales, Ms. Golly Talens and was taken for a tour of the property.

Driveway drop-off/pick-up point of the resort
Lobby Area
Front Desk with those tree stump looking desks
The 3-layered infinity pool...for me this is the most scenic spot and the best if you ask me


Basically the resort has three types of rooms,

a. Deluxe Suites

b. Garden Suite
The welcome fruit is actually not supposed to be there (accidentally left by the housekeeping staff I'm sure) but I love the way the whole thing looks
I just found out I didn't have enough pictures of the Garden Suite and am not doing it any justice

c. Private Villa and Casita

With 3 LCD TV's, your own plunge pool and 115 sqm of space, this one bedroom villa will set you back around Php 17,000 (US$ 377) a night. Its also comes with a sofa bed, a king-size four poster bed, and DVD player.

One of two 42 inch LCD TV's in the villa
The bathroom has its own 22 inch LCD TV
plunge pool

The resort has the following facilities:

The main dining area
Pool and beach dining/bar area
The only hotel in Cebu with an indoor badminton court (I don't understand though, why they didn't make this an indoor badminton/tennis court)
gym with Precor equipment
Sport bar (where except for the billiard table, all the other table games are complimentary)

The resort is in my opinion, what a resort should really be...sprawling with no high-rise buildings. Although one may have to walk a mile under the sun to get from their room to the lobby/restaurants, this is part of the charm of staying in a resort. I also loved it that they had quirky pieces of furnitures are obviously made in the Philippines (i'm hoping they are and not some cheap imported stuff). This resort is definitely ideal for honeymooners, young and young-at-heart people and people who just want to get away from the city and get a lot of down time.

2 comments:

  1. yes, I love the furniture. I wish I could bring it all to Manila. To think, I have not been to the resort yet...hehehe Based on pictures pa lang ni Ito. Siguro if I get to see the resort bitbit ko na lahat pauwi :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sure you'd love the furniture and even the lighting fixtures. I just didn't get to take a lot of pictures while I was there

    ReplyDelete